How to Connect Legacy Implementations via FTP
Legacy implementations can access the staging server through an FTP client or the command line. For the best performance, we recommend FileZilla®.
Note: If you are experiencing issues uploading large files, increase the FTP client timeout setting to 180 seconds.
Use the following settings with an FTP client:
- Protocol: FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- Encryption: Require explicit FTP over TLS (FTPS).
- This is a security requirement. You cannot connect to the server without this setting.
- Your network infrastructure must support FTPS traffic.
- Port: This is usually not necessary and will default to Port 21.
- Host: [DNS].veevavault.com.
- For example: “verteo” in “verteo.veevavault.com”
- Timeout: 180 seconds if uploading large files.
- User: [DNS].veevavault.com+[USERNAME]
- For example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is the same username used for your standard login.
- Password: Your login password for this Vault.
- This is the same password used for your standard login.
- You can also use a valid session ID.
- Login Type: Normal
- Transfer File Type: Transfer files as binary
Note: The staging server does not support SAML SSO authentication.